Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Wild Ride by A.K.


      Labor Day weekend 2009, my family and I stayed on a houseboat at Lake Powell in Page, Arizona.  It was a great vacation filled with lots of swimming, sliding down the slide into the water, fishing, eating delicious food, sleeping under the stars, and riding the jet ski.  It was also the first time I tried tubing.                                                                                                    

       As my dad slowly gained speed, I held on tightly to the handles of the tube.  The smelly lake water splashed in my face so I closed my eyes.  Surprisingly, I was not as scared as I thought I would be.  Actually, I hoped my dad would go even faster.  He continued to take me in circles and the waves began to grow like the incoming tide from a tsunami.  With no slowing down, I began flying through the air with each wave I hit.  Splash!  I flew off the tube and into the water. Everything happened so fast, I remember opening my eyes in the gray murky water that went in my mouth and painfully up my nose.

       I reached the water’s surface and my heart was pounding fast.  All I wanted was to be back on firm ground.  My dad came and got me out of the water, and we rode back to the houseboat.  After that frightening incident, I did not go tubing again. Even though it was fun, I did not want to take the risk of falling off again.


Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment