Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Sad Christmas by Lily Trudgen


It was the day after Christmas and my family spent the morning playing with our presents. We felt fun and happy together in each other’s company. My sisters and I watched an animal show and relaxed together. My mom and dad were happily getting ready to go on a date.
         
Then RING! RING! The phone rang and my mom answered it cheerfully. Then, suddenly, my mom started crying! All of our attention slowly turned to the unexpected phone call. We all listened carefully and tried to understand what had happened, but it was difficult because we couldn’t hear the other end of the phone call.
         
My mom looked shocked as she got off the phone and told us the heartbreaking news of Bailey’s death. Our friend’s six year old daughter, Bailey, died in her sleep because she had a bad seizure that caused her heart to stop. We all prayed for our friends and were sad together. My mom made plans to go visit the family to help during their hard time and to go to the funeral. I will never forget that disturbing day when we got the news of Bailey’s awful death.

Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment