Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fun in the Forest by Ben Hartman


         I woke up early on August 12, 2011 to go with my family to Coconino National Forest. But when we got into the car to leave, suddenly the car didn't start! The battery had no power left! So we jump-started the car and drove to Napa Auto Parts where we purchased a new battery and installed it. Finally, we left from the store and drove to the forest.

When I arrived I thanked the Lord that no big damage had been done to the car.  In the woods I did many things such as exploring and discovering new things about the forest.
           
           First, I eagerly went on a tough, but fun hike. I traveled approximately four miles in all. I like to be active and outside. About half way through the hike I remembered football because my legs felt sore just like they do after my football practices.

           After I got back from the hike I made a fire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner. I silently lounged in a chair while devouring my delicious meal.       
         
          Last, my dad and I played a game to see who had the best aim while shooting air soft guns at a target. Unfortunately, my dad had the higher score when we ended, but I still enjoyed being with him. 

          When I left the campground, I felt a bit of sadness. I wished I could stay throughout the entire night. I’ll never forget the fun I had in the forest this summer with my family.  

First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment