Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Rowdy Reptile Adventure by Kirsten Rasmussen


        One cool and cloudy day my older sister Annika and I went on our morning run. We left the door open because it was nice and breezy outside, and my mom suggested we let some fresh air in. We came back and started our school work. After a few hours we got ready for grocery shopping.  Annika and I were in charge of making the list for the shopping trip. We stood in my mom and dad’s room writing the list when all of the sudden I looked down and caught my breath.
          
         I noticed something crawling around Annika’s feet. I screamed and ran out of the room. Surprisingly, Annika jumped and ran after me. She couldn’t even finish the letter she was writing. I almost cried when we got to the kitchen. “Lizard!” I shouted.
          
        Annika immediately got a bucket and tossed it to my mom. My mom ran into her room and plunged on top of the creature. She caught the yellow-dotted baby lizard before it scurried into her clothes. After we captured the small, young lizard, we carried it outside and let it go. He was finally free. What a rowdy reptile adventure for the day.  From now we know not to leave the door open.

Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment