Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Crazy Howler Monkey by Audrey Trudgen


Audrey - 7th Grade

           One morning I took Daisy to the Zoo. Daisy is my three year old sister and she is very friendly. That is what I worry about with her because she isn’t really scared of anything really, unless they try to eat her or something. So I am always on the lookout for her.  When Daisy said, “Monkeys! Monkeys!” I brought her to the the big howler monkeys because they are her favorite.

            Then Daisy let go of my hand and I turned around, then back again. POOF! Where could Daisy be?
           
            I looked in the cage first and there she sat on a branch looking at a monkey that was very confused. I yelled her name, she heard and looked my way. Daisy smiled and yelled back, “Look Jackie! The monkey is howling!” Just then the monkey took Daisy into his captivity and carried her to the top of the cage where there was a hole. When the howler monkey jumped out of the cage I started to chase it.

            When the monkey came to the lion den Daisy got dropped in and then the monkey ran off leaving poor Daisy in the lion exhibit. She went over to the lion while I called her name, “ DAISY!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE LION!!!!!” She ignored me and walked toward it. She laid next to the female lion and then it looked at Daisy and licked her face.  I was so scared and didn’t know what to do, so I ran for help.

            When I reached the lion keeper I told them what had happened and they came with me. They got Daisy out easily and Daisy came to me screaming happily, “ The lion licked me, Sissy!” I replied still nervous, “ That’s great, Daisy!” Daisy is never going back there again!

Short Story

No comments:

Post a Comment