Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Falling for Crabs by Hannah Duplissis


            While enjoying the turquoise ocean and the sandy beach in La Jolla, CA, I never would have imagined I would be looking for crabs. We splashed and played in the beautiful ocean.

Me and my friend and my sister were curious about what was on the other side of some cliffs so we decided to take a walk over there. When we arrived, we saw giant flat rocks covered with a carpet of mossy algae. When I stepped on the algae it felt weird because it was slimy and gooey and it sunk between my toes.  But I got used to it. Between the rocks were little pools of clear water and when I looked closer I discovered millions of baby crabs.

  We decided to catch some crabs and put them in a cup. I bent over to get a crab and KERPLUNK! I slipped and fell face first on the algae covered rocks! It hurt a little bit because I scraped my knees. What really grossed me out was that I got algae on my face! YUCK! I wiped the slimy algae off my face. After my mom knew that I was ok, we all started to laugh. Even though I felt a little crabby after I fell, I still had lots of fun catching crabs with my friends!  We did all get a pretty good laugh.
Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment