Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Rec Center by Ben O’Hearne


         One place I like to visit is the Rec Center near my house in Gilbert, Arizona. It is a building that has areas inside for activities like climbing a rock-wall, playing wall-ball, basketball, ping pong, or billiards.

The three stories tall rock-wall is my favorite area. There are four different ways to climb the wall. Each climber can decide whether to use the easy, medium, hard, or very hard level.

The first time I went up the rock-wall I was afraid of heights so I slowly came down. I decided I had to reach the top. I had one more chance to climb before it was time to leave. I was determined and I did it! I rang the bell at the top of the rock-wall. Suddenly I looked down and I felt scared. I used the rocks on the rock-wall to get down. Finally, I got down and my mom and dad were happy for me. I was the first one to do the easy level in my family.

I like going to the Rec Center because there are fun activities there. Next time I might be able to take a friend along with me and my family. But I’ll never forget how happy I felt the first time I successfully climbed the rock-wall.

First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment