Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Scary Cheetah Dream by Ben Hartman



Ben - 7th Grade
          A long time ago, I completed a school project about cheetahs. In this challenging project, I was required to study the life and habitat of a cheetah. I learned a lot about these animals such as they are the fastest land creatures on Earth. They can run up-to 60 miles per hour. I learned so much about cheetahs that one night I had a dream about them, a dream that I would not appreciate later on.
   
          In this dream, I hiked through Africa searching for different animals to learn new things about. At the same time I was scared because the hot African sun descended into the horizon. I thought in my mind that I should get back to the camp area where my other friends were.

          As I got back onto the ATV I rented, I saw the large white moon ascend into the sky. I started the ATV and then all of the sudden it died, (meaning the ATV stopped working). I checked the gas, but the tank was empty, there was a leek. I could not believe it. I lit my torch and stated walking in the way where my friends were camping. The only issue is that I had no communication and I needed to walk at least 4 ¾ miles.

          Then, out of nowhere, POOF! I was attacked by a cheetah, (I knew it was a cheetah because of the golden brown fur and the black pocka-dots on its back). With a single blow to the gut, I became unconscious. Once I woke-up from the attack, I felt fury and warm. When I looked down at my-self, I had become a cheetah. When I tried to yell & scream it came out as a bit of a squeal. I thought, “OH, NOOOO!” I just ran as fast as I could and because I was a cheetah I ran 60 MPH. After that, I found my-self screaming or squealing, “AHHHHH.” I ran so fast that I could not stop from falling off a cliff.

          While falling off the cliff I woke-up from the dream. Scared to the bone I washed my face in my bathroom, jumped back in bed, and pulled the covers over my body. I knew from that moment on, if I ever had to complete a project like this ever again, I would definitely not pick cheetahs.


Short Story

No comments:

Post a Comment