Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Whirling Wind by Grant Frazey


                For my cousins 13th birthday, we went to SkyVenture Arizona!  SkyVenture Arizona is an indoor sky diving center. The room was a large vacuum that blows winds so fast it gives you the feeling of skydiving.  My cousin and I were very excited and couldn’t wait to get there! During the long drive to Eloy, we had lots of time to talk about what we were about to do. We arrived nearly an hour early just to make sure we didn’t miss anything.  We watched the pros do all their cool tricks while we waited.

               When it was time to begin, my cousin went first.  I watched my cousin from a small room with about fifteen other people. It looked so cool! Sitting there quietly, anxiously awaiting my turn was not easy. What would happen?  Soon, despite all my doubts, it was my turn!  The wind felt great blowing at my face!  I soon started to float, then the man inside, helped me learn to go up, down, and all around!  Soon, my first flight came to an end.

               My next turn was even better.  In contrast to my first time, I was very excited because I knew exactly what to do!  I got in the wind tunnel and began to float again. Near the end of my second session, the man helping grabbed hold of me and we both started to spin while going up and down. Eventually, my turn ended and my fun at SkyVenture Arizona came to an end!

Second Autobiographical Incident
Grant - 8th Grade 

No comments:

Post a Comment