Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My New Chick by I.K.


          On September 6, 2011, my family bought five baby chicks.  When we got home, my sister and I tried to pick up our chicks to put them in their new cage.  Mama had to eventually put my chick in my hands because I had a hard time picking mine up.

 I felt really strange holding a chick for the first time, but soon I slowly started to get used to it even though she was trying to flap her wings to get out of my hand.  Suddenly, she flapped right out of my hand and landed on the ground trying to run away from me.  When we caught her we put her back with the others. 

I felt sad and disappointed after trying to hold her a few more times because I love animals and I was not doing well with this one.  Mama told me not to worry since it was my first time getting chicks.  Then we spent time with our chicks, getting to know them and their personalities and we came up with names for each of them; I named mine Rosie.
         
After my sister and I regularly visited them throughout the day, I finally became an expert at holding Rosie, and I think she got used to me too.  I will never forget the first time I held my Rosie.

First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment