Sunday, October 23, 2011

Buying a Motor Scooter By Kora Stinson


            I had been saving up money to buy a motor scooter.  I was waiting for my birthday to come so I could have enough money to purchase one.  When my birthday finally came, we decided to go to Joe's Real BBQ for my celebration dinner.  After eating, I opened my presents and both of the gifts included money.  I now knew I would be able to buy the motor scooter.

We left the restaurant and I anxiously hopped in the car excited to get to Wal-Mart.  My mom and dad looked on their phones to see how much a used motor scooter would cost, but I decided to get a brand new one.  We tried to find a motor scooter at the store and finally found one on a shelf.   We couldn’t a find a shopping cart so my dad carried the big box to the cashier.

I ran to the car and hopped in while my dad loaded my motor scooter in the trunk.  I felt a little nervous to ride my scooter, but when we got home I was excited. My dad put it together and charged the battery for 18 hours.  I ran to my dad the next day and asked him to put air in my tires.  After he did that I proudly hopped on my motor scooter and drove off with the hot summer wind hitting my face.  I hope I’ll never forget the time I bought my motor scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment