Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Super Saturdays by Faith Kutz


Faith - 4th grade

           I felt extremely nervous for my first day of gymnastics. My mom signed me up because she thought I needed to do something active and make some new friends. Being the shy one in the family I really didn’t want to go. Walking across the parking lot, heading for the gym I began to feel sorry for myself. I had not made a friend since we moved here last month. “Hi,” a voice broke into my thoughts.
 
            Turning around I found a girl with curly brown hair and extremely beautiful eyes staring at me. “Hi,” she repeated again “my name is Katherine.”

            “Hi, I’m Elizabeth,“ I responded.
 
            “I’m so excited about gymnastic lessons! Aren’t you?” Katherine asked.
.           
            “No not really,” I replied dully. “I don’t make friends to often.”
 
            “Oh! Well, I’m sorry, but I can be your friend,” Katherine exclaimed.

            “All right, everybody over here,” the teacher called. Everyone gathered around. “My name is coach Jessica.”

            She split us into groups. I was in the floor group. Looking around I discovered Katherine was at the floor, too. When it was my turn, Katherine cheered from behind me, “Go Elizabeth!” I walked onto the mat and did cartwheels across the floor. Katherine gave me a high five as I walked past her.
  
            “Good job!” coach Jessica exclaimed, “See you next Saturday.”

            I walked home from gymnastics with a happy heart. I guess my mom was right. I made a new friend, am learning a new hobby and I can’t wait till Saturday.

Short Story               

No comments:

Post a Comment