Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Painful Sting by Audrey Trudgen


      The day after my 10th birthday was a day to remember. I put things away in my closet that evening from my sleepover the day before. My dad helped me when POKE! Suddenly something painfully sharp pricked my toe.
      
               I thought it was just a tack and didn’t freak out though the pain made my leg feel terribly numb. I looked down and shrieked, there stood a SCORPION! I ran out of the closet as fast as I could as my dad called my name, “Audrey what is it!?”. He found the scorpion and killed it.

             I went into the living room and cried from the pain and fear. I told my mom but she couldn't understand me since I was crying. Finally my older sister Alex decoded what I said. “Mom don’t you get it, she got stung by a scorpion!”. I felt like I spoke a different language because no one understood me. My amazing mom had not freaked out like I did and got me an ice pack and calmly sat me down.

           When I finally calmed down and my whole family could understand me I told them how the venom caused shooting pains. Once I felt a little better, I got ice cream cake my dad made for my birthday. That night I  got in bed tired and a little scared that another scorpion might lurk behind a corner. I just felt glad that my awesome God kept me safe the whole time.

Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment