Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Different Road by Alex Trudgen


           About a month ago school was my life and that’s all I really could think about. I had been struggling as much as having fun. My feelings were mixed and I couldn’t decipher between what I wanted and what I did not want. With so much school consuming my time I wasn’t able to keep in contact with God.

            One weekend, after being in school for a month, I felt sick and my mind became a puddle. My parents and I decided that public school did not fit me and we chose homeschooling as our road to travel. This allowed me the freedom to learn the way I learn best and to pursue God. My feelings were even more mixed after the decision of not going to a public school anymore. I knew I would miss my friends extremely, and at the same time I would be a completely better student.

            I left so suddenly that I didn’t give or receive a single good bye. My friends eventually texted me wondering where I had disappeared to and I had to figure out how to respond to them. For two weeks I struggled with much more chaotic feelings and thoughts that were uncontrollable. My parents and I walked through this difficult time together as we worked out all the complications.  I’m still lost in my feelings, but the only thing that I have found is that I never struggle alone.

Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment