Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Beach Adventures by Faith Kutz


     After what seemed like hours we finally got to our hotel. I felt so excited! I had traveled with my family from Arizona to California for a vacation on the beach. As I explored our hotel room I happily found that it was as big as a house.

     That first night we took a walk on the pier and ate at the restaurant that was on the end of it.  It was a burger place. I was extremely surprised it did not serve seafood. As we headed back to the hotel I realized it was a longer walk than it looked.

     The next morning we excitedly prepared to go to the beach. When we got there, we set up our stuff and ran down to the water. As I splashed in the waves and played in the sand I noticed that unfortunately the beach was very rocky.

     After a while I got my boogie board and started walking deeper and deeper until the water was at my waist. Suddenly a wave splashed in my face and I could taste the salt in my mouth. The water tugged at me as I impatiently waited for a wave. Then I watched a wave rise; this was a big one. I got on my board and started paddling. The wave crashed over me and pushed me into the water.  I popped up to see my dad laughing at me. As I turned around, I saw another good wave coming and hopped back on my board. It pushed me to the beach. This time my dad clapped as I got up.

     When we went out to breakfast the next morning, our friendly waiter told us about a nearby beach without as many rocks. The beach he recommended was awesome. We spent the next two days there picnicking on the beach, playing in the sand and riding the waves on our boogie boards. Our last day, we met up with my dad’s high school friend and two of his sons.  We had a great time playing with them while our dads chatted.  We even made a huge pizza out of sand. 

     After taking all of our stuff down to the garage, we packed up the van. We were going back to Arizona. Although I was sad to be going home, I knew I would always look back on this trip and remember it as a fun and happy family adventure.


First Autobiographical Incident

1 comment:

  1. Faith, you remind me of my daughter during our summer getaway. She's ten and she just loves the waves. Funny, she almost cried on the way back home because she had so much fun, she didn’t want to leave. She actually made us promise to go back next summer. Have you tried kayaking? If not, then you should. I'm sure you and your family would love it. =)

    - Darius Cartmell

    ReplyDelete