Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Fantastic Trip by Garrett Frazey

Garrett at Disneyland
8th Grade
           Over the summer my sister-in-law’s family invited several of my family members and me to join them in Newport Beach.  Having never been to Newport Beach, I was quite excited about the opportunity!  I spent two extraordinary weeks in a house that overlooked the ocean.  While I was there I enjoyed a trip to Disneyland, snorkeled in Catalina and chartered a boat to go deep sea fishing.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was when my parents, my sister, Marissa and my Grandpa joined the rest of us to go to Disneyland for two days.  We woke up bright and early so we could enter the park when it opened.  When we arrived, we hurried to the remodeled Star Tours ride.  Throughout the day, we raced through the park getting fast passes for all of our favorite rides.  Near the day’s end, we had enjoyed nearly every ride, so we started riding our favorite rides for a second, or even a third time.  We also watched Fantasmic, which is my favorite show at Disneyland.  I love the music and all the special effects.  After the final announcement was made that the park was closing, we slowly made our way up Main Street to leave the park.  I didn’t want to leave, but the best part was that we got to come back the next day and do it all over again!

Another great adventure took place later in the week, when Kyle, Grant, Kacia, Bret and I traveled to Catalina Island to snorkel.  During the two hour boat ride to Catalina, I played cards with my siblings and Bret to pass the time.  Our first stop was at Snorkeling Catalina, where we got our flippers, goggles, wet suits, and snorkels.  The store clerk told us where to find a blue motor boat that would take us on our snorkeling adventure.  Our Captain took us to different locations around the island.  I really enjoyed seeing seals, fish and other interesting sea life from up close. 

Earlier in the week, before we did any of our other amazing activities, Kyle, Grant, Bret and I went deep sea fishing.  After eating a good breakfast and loading up on snacks for our big trip, we got on the boat around lunchtime.  The boat splashed through the ocean for about an hour before we came to our first fishing location.  There we dropped our lines and waited for a bite.  After a short time, we left to go to a different location.  We fished for a couple of hours and when we had finished Grant had caught nine fish, Bret and I had caught four fish each, and my older brother, Kyle had caught zero.  I was happy that I caught four fish, mainly because my brother Kyle, who is older than me and thinks he is a great fisherman, had not caught any fish!

On Sunday, my vacation ended and I had to say goodbye to my vacation spot.  I was so busy doing fun activities that my time in Newport flew by.  I really enjoyed myself and was grateful that I had been invited, but I was sad that my fantastic trip had come to an end.  It was a great way to spend my summer and I would gladly do it all over again. 

First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment