Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Losing My Appendix by Hannah Marie Duplissis


            When I became ill it was a normal day at my house. I had some terrible pains in my belly and I thought I was hungry. I had an apple, some toast and a whole bunch more food too. After I ate all that food I still felt surprisingly hungry and pretty weird. My belly hurt really bad so my mom scheduled an apt with my doctor.

When we arrived, my doctor examined me and declared that I looked extremely pale. I felt so sick that I didn’t care about anything. We stayed at the doctor’s office for two hours. The doctor said that we should go to the hospital and when we walked out of the office, I vomited!

At the hospital, a nurse checked my heartbeat and then I vomited again on myself and her! After they gave me a gown and a room, my Dad arrived. I had many tests to see what was wrong and then had to wait a long time in a waiting room to find out that it was probably my appendix. I finally got my own super cool room at 4:00 am. I felt like I was in a hotel! The surgeon came and told me that I had to have surgery at 10:00am. I don’t remember anything after they put a mask on me. When I woke up, I saw my Mom and Dad and a present with balloons on my bed.

Even though getting my appendix out was kind of scary, I did have some fun. The best part was when a dog visited me and did tricks. I also had an awesome TV that is a computer too so I could play games and watch movies. In the end though, I was happy that I didn’t feel sick anymore and that I could be back home with my family. I never want to go through all that pain again. 

First Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment