Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Foolish Fail by Annika Rasmussen


When you were younger, did you ever wonder why people in movies could never land upright when they jumped out of a moving vehicle?  Well I did.  It seemed like such an easy thing to do.  All the person needed to accomplish was to keep their knees bent a little and put their feet out before they were to hit the ground.  Let me tell you, never try it as an experiment.

One bright and sunny day, I was with my Papa going for a golf cart ride around his neighborhood.  What a better time to try it than now, I thought.  I cautiously looked around to see if any cars were coming; when I could see none, I took a big leap out of the maneuvering golf cart.  I smiled at the thought of actually being able to land on both feet.  Unfortunately, something I did not expect began to happen.
 
My feet hit the ground alright, but I only remained vertical for a split second.  Smack!  My arm slammed onto the pavement.  Next thing I knew, I was lying flat on my back in the hot street.  Quickly, my Papa stopped the golf cart.  “Are you okay?” he questioned, voice full of concern.  Brushing off my arm, which now appeared as black as the tire tread on my Papa’s golf cart, I beamed up at him.

“That was AWESOME! I want to do it again!”  Thinking back, however, on what could  have happened and my fail as a stuntwoman, I have changed my mind. Never again will I do something so foolish!

Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment