Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Best Camping Trip Ever by Kirsten Rasmussen


I really liked camping in Williams, Arizona on Labor Day weekend. My family joined the Duplissis family, the Ryan family and Mr. Chris on this camping trip. It was great to get out of the heat and finally enjoy cooler weather. The KOA campsite where we stayed had lots of space to explore.

          It was my second time sleeping in the tent. The first time I was only six months old. This time we borrowed blow up beds which were extremely comfy. My Grandma and Papa gave us a two feet high air mattress to sleep on. Other friends gave us shorter blow up beds too. These beds helped us sleep better.
 
          One of my favorite experiences of the trip was when I rode in the Rhino, which is a Jeep without a hood and no sides. One Rhino ride was so cold because it was slightly raining.  We put trash bags on us to keep us warm. I had fun in the red Rhino.

          I think Mr. Chris is funny. One night as my friend was walking into her camper; she screamed dramatically and ran away. Once I saw the reason she screamed, I stood on the table.  It was a snake.  Hannah’s dad picked it up. Her mom got the camera. Then when Abby’s dad picked up the snake, it bit him. How surprised we all were when we found out that the snake was a fake. All the dads planned this joke, but it was Mr. Chris’s idea. He has a good sense of humor.
 
The next day we had to leave. I wished we could stay even longer but it was time to go home.  It was the best camping trip ever. I thought it was totally fun.


First Autobiographical Incident







No comments:

Post a Comment