Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leavenworth by Lexie Buchholz


          The anticipation had been building for weeks. Finally, the day had arrived! I visited a Bavarian style town in Leavenworth, Washington with my mom and friends. The three-hour car ride from our friends’ house was interesting. We drove through some city, open fields, and areas with tons of trees.  It was nice to stretch our legs when we finally got to Leavenworth. Some of the unique shops had different clothes and accessories.  I loved the nutcracker shop! The intricate detail of the nutcrackers fascinated me.

            I stopped to rest my aching feet to listen to a few German songs performed by a polka band. They played under a white ramada in a beautiful pavilion. The wind rustled through the trees that shaded the crowd as they listened to the songs. Different types of flowers hung from pots and burst with color in arrangements everywhere in the town.

            To finish the unforgettable day, I watched the performance of the Sound of Music in an outdoor amphitheater. The drive to the theater lasted a few minutes from Leavenworth, and the play took place in the mountains. It was the perfect setting! As the sun descended in the sky, it started to get cold out. The audience began to get wrapped up in blankets or put on extra layers of clothes. I liked how the actors added some humor to the play, keeping me engaged the entire time. What a wonderful ending to a great day!

Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment