Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Football Game to Remember by Ben Hartman


          On September 24, 2011 I played a football game. I play on the Chandler Wolves with an awesome coach. We played against the Scottsdale Firebirds and my coach told my teammates and I that this team was skilled. The Firebirds had not lost a game in two years. The fans loved to watch this team play football.
                                                                                       
          The field my team and I played on was made out of fake turf. Because it had been made out of this, it burned my feet harshly. Luckly, the coaches had brought water for everybody to drink and squirt on our feet. My entire team and I did not enjoy playing on this football field.

          The last touchdown of the game was the most exciting. As my team listened to the play, we all wanted to end this game. My body ached, I had a head ach, and I just wanted to go home. “We already won the game”, I thought. The score was forty to zero, but as my quarterback told us the play, he also gasped, “work hard.” We broke from the huddle and got to the line of scrimmage. As I got in my stance I told my-self “do the best job ever because it could just be the last play of the game,” I thought. The play was a running play to the right. The quarterback tossed the ball to Cutter Hatch, our running back and he ran as fast as he could. All of the sudden, POOF!  It was like Cutter disappeared.  He was in the end zone and ran incredibly fast.

          The game ended forty-seven to zero and my team and I were very happy.  We shook the Firebirds hands and went to the sideline. I know I will not forget the day I beat the Firebirds forty-seven to zero.           

Second Autobiographical Incident 

No comments:

Post a Comment