Sunday, October 23, 2011

Splash Mountain by Sam O'Hearne


      As I walked through Disneyland I asked if we could go on a roller coaster named Splash Mountain. We had to stand in a very long line. Lucky for us we had brought a friend who told us about fast-pass. Fast-passes let you advance to a faster line without the wait. We used a fast-pass on Splash Mountain.

      When we hopped in the log cart I felt a little scared. When I sat down I felt fine. We started to go up some hills then there were some small drops. Then we saw a large ramp, I felt a bit nervous. My dad was sitting in the front of the log cart. Suddenly, we jerked forward and the movement made my dad get soaked! We kept going through the mountain caverns with all the animal characters singing with delight.

      Suddenly it went black and nobody could see. We had a quick drop and then a sharp turn and everyone in the log cart was wet. I saw a long ramp and we were moving towards it. I grasped my hands along the side bars. One to my right, and one to my left. I prepared for the long drop. Zoom! We dropped so fast it felt as if we were race cars speeding to the finish line. Splash! At the end of the ride we dropped into water and it was as if someone dropped a bomb in the ocean. It was spectacular!

Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment