Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Free Lunch by Annika Rasmussen


          This summer I enjoyed a four hour lunch with my best friend, Taylor. I visited eight different restaurants, but the most amazing part about this unending lunch was that it was all free!
 “How does this happen in our economy?” you may ask. The simple answer is coupons.  For weeks I kept my eye out for every coupon that read “FREE!” and carefully tucked them away for this exciting occasion. We had a blast even though everything we ate that day was sample sized, because I split all that we purchased five ways in order to share with my sisters and Taylor. 
My favorite part of the lunch was our first destination, Jamba Juice and Cold Stone. At Jamba, I shared a Mango-A-Go-Go smoothie with Taylor and my sisters. The sweet and tangy smoothie sent a quenching burst of fresh fruits into my mouth. Also at Jamba, we took pictures, something Taylor absolutely cannot stand.
The next bite of our lunch was sandwiches. I sampled three different subs from three different restaurants.  My favorite was from Quizno’s; a tasty torpedo sandwich with a French loaf bread, provolone cheese, smoked ham, and iceberg lettuce. And of course, to Taylor’s disapproval, we took a few more quick snapshots.
Finally, we stopped at Dominos Pizza, for their new Chocolate Mountain Fudge Brownies. They tasted delicious, but they made me really thirsty. The sugary treats dissolved in my mouth, leaving my mouth watering for more.
Overall, it was a wonderful, filling time of complimentary food. And I would have to say, the best part about it was that the food was all free. Every time I look at the photos from the lunch, I smile and remember how special it was to be with my sisters and my friend Taylor. What an exciting time to talk, eat and take pictures of our free lunch. 


First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment