Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Tiring But Terrific Vacation by Audrey Trudgen


On the boring three hour long car ride with my grandparents to their time share in Sedona, I listened to music and watched people hiking up the mountains. Finally when we arrived and checked in, we drove to our rooms. They looked very nicely done. I liked the hot tub and the bedrooms the best, that is when I stopped being bored. Since we decided to stay there for a week we had a lot to unpack.

While we quickly unpacked, my sisters Alex, Lily and my dad came. After we finished we enjoyed a delicious dinner together. I had some sort of thai noodle mix.
 
          I was happy to see my mom, aunt, uncle and cousins when we came back from dinner around 10:30. We all gave hugs and hung out until after midnight when we decided to go to bed. The next morning we walked to all five pools, Some of them felt cold but the rest of them felt warm. One time we hiked together and another time we just hung out relaxing and doing nothing.

          After that we all drove to Slide Rock. The water was freezing and I go a really bad bruise on my back but it was so worth it! Then we decided we all wanted to go to the Grand Canyon. The canyon was great, we took a two and half hour hike down the canyon. I got attacked by bees but thankfully I didn’t get stung. After that we got some amazing ice cream, I got chocolate and cooking dow.

          The next to the last day it was my grandparents anniversary. We went shopping and then we walked to a mexican restraint. The food was wonderful! When we all came back to the time share we had marvelous chocolate cake.

          The drive home was again long but it wasn’t terrible since we broke the boredom with a visit to Montazuma Castle.

          When we got home, my aunt, uncle and cousins had to fly back to New York. So we said all our good byes and when they left I fell asleep quickly so pooped from the week before.
First Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment