Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Monkey Escape by Hannah Duplissis


Hannah-4th grade

It was the strangest day I have ever experienced!  Like any other day, my Mom was driving me to school when I looked over and saw a baby monkey in my little sister’s car seat!  She seemed friendly so I snuck her into my backpack.  
 During lunch hour as I ate my food, I noticed another monkey.  Not wanting anyone to notice, I grabbed the monkey and stuffed him into my backpack.  At recess I played on the monkey bars and I looked over and another monkey was hanging upside down staring at me. He asked me to play with him! Since he could talk, I asked him where he came from. He said he was lost and couldn’t find his mother.  I told him about the other monkeys and he jumped into my backpack. 
When I got home from school, I called my friend and she came over. I took her to my room and all the monkeys were having a tea party! After my friend left and the monkeys were sleeping, I watched the news with my parents. The reporter said that some monkeys had escaped from the National Zoo and that the mama monkey was heartbroken and about to die.  
I told my mom and dad that the monkeys were in my room and we took them to the zoo right away.  The Zookeeper and the mama monkey were so happy. I was really sad though because I liked having them for my pets. The Zookeeper was so thankful that he gave me a free pass to visit the monkeys at the zoo. I’m really glad I did the right thing by returning the monkeys.
Short story   

No comments:

Post a Comment