Wednesday, October 19, 2011

San Tan Flat by Dylan Buchholz


       It was February 12, 2010. This was the day I ate at my favorite restaurant for the first time. San Tan Flat may not look like much on the outside, but it only takes enjoying one meal there to want to go back again. I like San Tan Flat because the food is amazing and the atmosphere takes you out of the desert and puts you in the Old West.

       My family and I went there with my mother’s brother and his family. I didn’t know what to expect when I stepped out of the car and into the dry desert air. I certainly wasn’t expecting a tan, adobe-looking wall with a 7-foot-tall archway in it, for a doorway. However, the meal I had on the other side of that wall (juicy burgers, melt-in-your-mouth s’mores) was unforgettable.

My favorite part of the whole experience was the campfire. Inside the huge, circular wall was a half-ring of small fire pits. As soon as the worker blowtorched the firewood in the pit, we all whipped out the marsh-mallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers and started cooking. The sharp crackle of the warm fire, the delicious s’mores, all of it was incredible. I think I’ll remember my first time to San Tan Flat for a long time.

Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment