Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lost in Prescott by I.K.


          A family tradition of ours is to go to Prescott in early December for the courthouse lighting and Christmas parade.  This year was special because we were staying in a hotel for the weekend and celebrating my birthday too.  I had no idea how memorable it would be.

          While watching the Christmas parade, we all split up to find a better spot to see.  As the parade ended, my mom and I went to catch up with the rest of my family.  As I began to push the stroller, I realized the breaks were stuck.  I tried kicking them up with my foot.   After a struggle, I finally got the break unstuck.  I stood up and looked around.  My mom was nowhere in sight!  It seemed as if she disappeared in thin air.  A sea of strangers surrounded me.  The panic of being lost came over me.  Nervously, I walked along the sidewalk looking in the shop windows.  I did not want to draw attention to myself.
 
          Ten minutes seemed like ages.  A serious policeman riding on a motorcycle came by.  I was scared when suddenly he asked if I was Isabella Knop.  I said yes, and he told me to come to the motorcycle.  I felt relieved knowing my parents probably sent him.  I walked toward the kind policeman, and I instantly saw my dad.  When I reunited with my mom she held me tight and cried.  I felt a little scared by my mom’s reaction.  I never want to get lost again!

Second Autobiographical Incident

No comments:

Post a Comment